I have never really been into winter sports, but I had a lot of fun and even though I don’t like being cold, warming up is so much fun! As soon as I got back I jumped in a hot shower, put on cozy clothes, and got in bed with tea and a bowl of the chili I made last night. Perfection. Here is the recipe:
Black Bean Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- One 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and cook the turkey until cooked through.
- Add the garlic and spices.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and 1 cup of water; bring to a simmer.
- Add beans and cook on low heat until thickened.
I meant to take a picture, but I ate it too fast. I guess it was either that good or I was just that hungry.